Thinking of a career move? January is the perfect time of the year to make the jump to your dream job.
Here are our top 10 tips for candidates going for interviews to make sure you make the best first impression:
- Always prepare for interview never just wing it or figure it will be ‘alright on the night’.
- Learn how to listen. Take your time in the interview and listen closely to what is being asked.
- Never try to match a job specification exactly – you may have extra qualities that other candidates don’t possess.
- Work closely with your agent and be fully transparent at all times about other interviews or pending offers.
- Watch your body language at interview. A confident posture can work wonders for your success.
- Be aware of any social media presence that may affect your job application.
- Always arrive 15 minutes earlier than the designated interview time.
- Speak clearly and calmly during your interview and remember to take deep breaths.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself or daunted by interviews, you are just trying to put your best foot forward.
- Stay positive. The right job for you may be just around that corner.
Call us to chat about your next career move.